Sometimes we forget to count our blessings. My family is healthy, my parents are a part of my life, I have a wonderful husband, and the list goes on and on. Last week, 3 children in our town lost their home in a fire. Everything, and they had very little to begin with. Their dad passed away in February and their mom is in the burn unit at MGH with burns over 70% of her body, including her face. Their story was in the local newspaper, so I reached out to aunt caring for the children. There has been an out-pouring of support from the community...clothing, toys, shoes, etc. Something like this is always tragic, but just before Christmas makes it feel so much worse. Doug and I did some Christmas shopping for the girls this weekend, and we will be able to deliver the goodies at the end of the week. It was a very not-so-kind reminder of how lucky I am, and the next time I complain, you have my permission to give me a little slap.
No comments:
Post a Comment